All an actor has is their blind faith that they are who they sat they are today, in any scene… Meryl Streep
Some people remember lines very easily and some find it more difficult. Reading the script over and over until you are very familiar with it is important. You want to know the script so well that you don’t have to think about the words while you are acting. While acting, you want to think about why you are saying the words written, not what you have to say next. You must develop your memory and ability. You are expected to know your lines and sometimes learn new ones quickly. It is common for lines to be rewritten on the go. You can work on your memory by memorizing monologues or anything that interests you. Practice reciting it multiple times a day. Shorten the time frame as you go to memorize it. These are a few techniques that will help you.
1. Read the lines and say them out loud without looking at the script.
2. Write out the other character’s lines and leave space to write your lines.
3. Tape the scene to the wall and read it. It will help you to be on your feet as you recite them.
4. Record the other character’s lines and leave enough time in between to say yours.
5. Put a piece of paper over your script. Move the paper down and read the other character’s line. Then say your line. Repeat throughout the entire script.
6. Read it first thing in the morning when you wake up and last thing before you go to bed. Read it throughout the day as much as possible.
Proper breathing control requires diaphragmatic breathing. The diaphragm is a muscle located at the base of the lungs. Much like a singer, the actor must articulate and speak in an audible volume. The actor has control of his breathing.
The goal is to make diaphragmatic breathing second nature. Practice it in real life situations. While acting, you should not be thinking about your breath. You are in the moment. If you need to take a breath to get oxygen, then take a breath. If you are in an emotional state, whether a long breath or short burst, you now can control your breathing.
To read the rest of the Showbiz… Click Here