Expressing yourself is easy this fall with these worldly, vibrant new looks.
Hair Styles by Kristianna Nichols
Whether you're after an updated look, a complete change, or a simple way to enhance your best features, fall hairstyle ideas are limitless. The international look is gracing the runways and magazine covers, and the look is helping competitors to win some of the major pageants held thus far this year. Simple additions, such as "winged" eyeliner, can give you a hint of mystery, bronzed skin will give you a youthful glow, and dramatic bangs that frame your face will add attitude to your style.
1. Tricia was beautiful even before we made changes. Her long, dark hair was all one length and tended to pull her face downward. When she came in for her makeover, the first thing we noticed were her eyes. We decided to give her enough "bangs" to frame and add attention to her gorgeous baby blues.
2. Her limp mane instantly came back to life by simply cutting off 6 inches of hair. Then chunky layers were added heavier around her face and less in the back. WOW! Look at what an update cut can do... it recharges her hair color, adds extra attention to her eyes, and, best of all, it lightens, brightens, and adds attitude. Bangs are a big step, but well worth it in Tricia's case.
3. The exotic Grecian look is once again hitting the fashion industry, as well as making a huge statement at major pageants this year. To take Tricia from a sleek, super-model to a glamorous Greek goddess, we simply added heated "benders" three-quarters of the way up and left her bangs alone. After the curlers cooled, we removed them and finger-combed her hair. "Zig-zag" the crown to add height without fullness. Big hair is making a comeback, and I personally love it! By adding bolder colors to her lips, cheeks, and eyes, we made Tricia look sexy, dramatic, and even fiery.
4. Evonne is a natural beauty. Her long, fine blond hair needed a light and airy update. To highlight her best features, we cut long, subtle bangs and slight layers about an inch up. This draws attention to her jaw line and gorgeous pearly-whites.
5. Shimmering highlights as well as lowlights were added for luminous color and depth. Evonne's locks were blown dry, using a large round brush to make the flip more "flirty." Her bangs were gently smoothed to the side for a more polished style. Evonne's skin and hair look radiant with this hot pink gown and lip color. It's amazing how the right colors can brighten and soften a look at the same time.
6. We turned ultra-feminine Evonne into a sassy European diva. She could easily be working the major runways with this style. Her mane is "perfectly imperfect." No length was cut to create this coif. Smaller-sized heated "benders" were placed throughout her hair and left to cool. We gently removed them and hair-sprayed each curl. Fullness was instantly maintained by spraying one more time upside-down.
1. Use "clear" shampoo; it doesn't weigh your hair down.
2. Use aerosol hairspray on damp days.
It doesn't add moisture, so less frizz will occur.
3. Go easy on products.
4. Drink lots of water to hydrate body, skin, and hair.
Your hair, your face, your style, and your attitude all reflect on your life. Be happy, be beautiful, and, most importantly — be yourself and love it!
Models: Tricia Ellis and Evonne Collier
Photos, hair, make-up and wardrobe: Kristianna's Design House
Kristianna Nichols is one of the country's new beauty experts. She is a former Mrs. America, NFL cheerleader, professional model and commercial actress. Kristianna has had her own TV talk show and was a popular entertainment reporter for the NBC affiliate in Indianapolis before moving to Vail, Colorado. She has hosted many TV shows, from Mainstreet USA to On The Move. She is the president and CEO of Noble Tress beauty company and the inventor of "Kristianna's Crown."
Additional Hair Tips & Articles
Hairstyles: how to, step by step, cool hairstyles, modern hairstyles, prom hair, pageant hair
Read More HAIR Articles: Cool Hairstyles for Pageants, Prom, or Fashion
For the complete behind-the-scenes story and all the details on this and other exciting competitive events from across America, as well as a wealth of advice to improve your chances of victory, be sure to order Pageantry today.